By Jennifer Hansen
Part Cardigan, part shawl: Endless ways to wear it!
Work it with sleeves or without, with one yarn or with two. This straightforward project is a crocheted broomstick lace rectangle with a simple yet stunning circular edging – no shaping or seaming required! It’s flattering to any body type and with just shawl pin or belt can be draped “right-way-upâ€ or “upside-downâ€ for countless looks. Don’t be surprised if this relaxing design becomes not only a favorite project to crochet, but your favorite wearable too.
- Size on this unstructured garment is not precise, however, it is important to select sizing based on adequate back width and armhole/upper arm measures as these are most likely to constrict wear. Please note the garment stretches greatly across the back after blocking and with wear - our measure reflects stretched measure for snug fit. For sizes L, 2X, 3X, also consider bust measure: these sizes have the same back width, but more ample bust cover for larger sizes.
- Back Width: 14¾ (15½, 17¼, 18½, 18½, 18½, 19)â€
- Target Bust: 33½ (35½, 38, 40½, 44, 48, 52)â€
- Upper Arm: 12½ ( 13, 13¾, 14½, 15¾, 17, 18¾)â€
- Sleeveless version takes 1152 (1256, 1389, 1617, 1802, 1997, 2241) yards DK weight yarn
- Long sleeve version takes 1242 (1350, 1507, 1722, 1916, 2121, 2377) yards