How do I return an item? And what about my refund?
Oh gosh, we hope this never happens, but you know, sometimes it does. If you need to return something, PLEASE email us first, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The reason for this is very simple--so we don't scratch our heads and say "What's this?" We will be expecting it.
Return all items to:
2423 W Post Oak Dr
Prescott, AZ 86305
We believe in the old-fashioned style of customer service for local yarn shops. Why should that change on the internet? Here are the details:
- We will accept returns within 30 days of purchase of any item for any reason IF it is unused and in salable condition. This means unopened and with the item's packaging (ball band, needle sleeve, etc.) We'll grant some extra time to those of you overseas. So, let's say you buy red and decide you want blue, that's ok.
- We use the manufacturer's photographs for almost all items on our website. We are not responsible for differences in color representation on your monitor or mobile device, nor are we responsible for variations between dye lots. We will always send uniform dye lots, or contact you to discuss the issue if there is a problem.
- If you order too much and want to return unused skeins, we will take them back, even after 30 days. The above conditions (unused and in salable condition) still apply. It is, however, our choice if your credit will be money to your charge card, or store credit. If you wish to have money credited to your card, the merchandise must be still in production and one of our regularly stocked items.
- We do not credit shipping costs unless we send you the wrong item. That is, if the item you ordered is the item we sent, you will need to pay the shipping charge both ways.
- Certain items, like hand dyed cashmere, are subject to a 50% restocking fee. This applies to custom orders and drop-shipped orders. You will see this mentioned on the product page.
- We buy and ship only first quality merchandise, and we do our best to describe our items honestly. We do not claim that a $5 skein of yarn is the "best" you can buy (but we might say it's the best of this type you can buy for $5). We believe that value, not price, is the most important quality. If you are ever dissatisfied with the quality of an item, we want to know, and we will do our best to make you happy.
- We will process your refund as soon as possible after we receive the returned item. Be aware that refunds may take between 2-7 days to show up on your online account reporting, depending on the method (credit card, debit card, paypal) and your bank.
- We refund only the amount paid for an item, and generally only to your payment account (CC,DC or Paypal). This means if you buy something on sale and return it, you will only get the amount you paid refunded, not the regular price.
- If your original order was more than 30 days before your return, we will check that the item is still an available product in stock. Returns of items that cannot be put back into our stock will result in a store credit gift certificate.
If you have questions or concerns, please email us Laurel@handknitting.com